Honey as a remedy to induce sleep has been known for thousands of years. While there are various ways how to solve insomnia, raw honey is probably one the easiest and healthiest ways to do it.
First, we must stress the importance of using raw honey as opposed to processed honey. You can read more about the differences between raw and processed honey here.
So, why is honey so important for the healthy night sleep?
Here are some key facts about raw honey and its effects on our sleeping patterns.
- 🐝Raw honey contains an ideal ratio of fructose to glucose to support the liver, an organ that works overtime literally and figuratively, during the sleeping process.
- 🐝Raw Honey releases melatonin in the brain. Melatonin helps your body rest so it can repair each night during the critical times of sleep. This, in turn, will leave you well rested the next morning.
- 🐝Raw honey can promote relaxation and help ease you to sleep at night. The natural sugar found in raw honey raises our insulin slightly and allows tryptophan, the compound famous for making us sleepy, to enter our brains more easily.
- 🐝Raw Honey contains magnesium - a deficiency in magnesium causes insomnia
What are the best ways to eat honey before the bed without feeling too full to sleep?
- Raw honey with pink Himalayan sea salt
You will need:
2 teaspoons of raw honey (we use Wildflower Mountain Honey)
0.5 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
Mix these two ingredients together and store it in a glass jar, put a little bit of this mixture under your tongue every night before you go to sleep and let it dissolve naturally.
- Warm milk, cinnamon and raw honey sleep drink
Cinnamon prepares your body to have a restful, uninterrupted night’s sleep. It also regulates blood sugar levels, which can keep you from waking up suddenly and improves blood circulation.
You will need:
2 teaspoons of raw honey (we use Sainfoin White Honey)
1 cinnamon stick or a pinch of cinnamon powder
200 ml of almond/oat/coconut or cow’s milk
To make the cinnamon milk, simply warm the milk until it is almost boiling, pour it into a cup and add your cinnamon stick, let it rest for about 10 minutes and add a teaspoon of raw honey. Mix well and enjoy.
If you have been trying to find a solution for how to stay asleep all night, try to use one of the above options and let us know how it goes.
Have a good night! ♥