It sounds almost incredible but raw honey can be a very effective help when it comes to weight loss. How is it possible? Let us explain.
- 🐝Raw honey is a carbohydrate. To determine the quality of the carbohydrate, Glycemic Index (GI) is used. GI a relative ranking of carbohydrate in foods according to how they affect blood glucose levels. Carbohydrates with a low GI value (55 or less) are more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised and cause a lower and slower rise in blood glucose and, therefore insulin levels. In general, low GI diet is the best for longer-term weight management. Raw honey’s GI is around 45-55 compared to sugar’s 65 and more making raw honey much better choice than refined sugar.
- 🐝Drinking warm water with honey at night before you go to bed can help you stay hydrated throughout the night and it will boost your metabolism even while you sleep, making it easier for your body to process fat.
- 🐝Raw honey is a great source of energy, the more energy you have, the more likely you are to go gym or do any other physical activity.
- 🐝Raw honey has also been scientifically proven to help lose weight and to reduce cholesterol levels. Its combination of natural sugars, enzymes, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties making it ideal for all those looking to lose weight naturally and without any adverse side effects caused by other weight loss supplements.
- 🐝During the process of losing weight, the body also loses valuable nutrients it needs. Raw honey contains nutrients not present in sugar, which provides only 'empty calories'. As a replacement for sugar in small quantities, raw honey provides greater nutritional support.
- 🐝Raw honey also boosts the immune system making it ideal for every diet and not just the weight loss.
Power duo – RAW HONEY and CINNAMON
- The combination of raw honey and cinnamon is one such holistic and effective remedy for losing weight.
- The benefits of both ingredients, individually and combined, are tremendous. So how it works? All the blood sugar that is not burned as energy or stored as glycogen is turned into fat. Therefore, taking cinnamon and raw honey together can be a great source for balancing blood sugar and helping with weight management.
Why not trying this cinnamon and raw honey recipe?
- 🐝Boil water and cinnamon together (allow half a teaspoon of cinnamon per cup).
- 🐝Once boiled, strain, then add 1 teaspoon of Wildflower Mountain Honey per cup.
- 🐝Drink it before breakfast and at night before bedtime.
Word of wisdom at the end?
Losing weight is not about dieting but changing your lifestyle. Making small daily changes as opposed to drastic diets that will only make you gain weight in a long run.
Eat healthy & exercise & love yourself ♥