Feeling peckish? Want an extra boost before you hit the gym? Or just having one of those days when you just really NEED something sweet?
We have a sweet and healthy solution for you!
You will need:
- 🐝225g of almond butter (we prefer to use the smooth one, although the crunchy one might be as good)
- 🐝2 cups of oats (opt for a gluten free option if you prefer)
- 🐝1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 🐝200g of organic medjool date
- 🐝2 tbls of shredded coconut
- 🐝2 handfuls of pecan nuts or walnuts (you can use half and half)
- 🐝1 tbls of seeds (sesame and sunflower)
- 🐝1 tsp of cinnamon
- 🐝2 tbls of raw honey (we use Sainfoin White Honey for its unique complex taste)
Add oats, cinnamon and seeds to a large bowl and mix them. Add in almond butter, raw honey, shredded coconut and vanilla extract, stir to combine. Chop dates to very fine small pieces and add them to the mix.
Use blender or food processor to crunch the nuts. If you are using a blender add a bit of water to break them more easily.
Mix all ingredients together. Let them rest for a moment and start making the balls, the size of the balls is up to you.
The above mix should be sufficient for about 15 balls, similarly sized as the ones on the picture.
Once you are done, roll the balls in the shredded coconut and put them in the fridge for a few hours.
That’s it, the energy balls are ready to be enjoyed.
Let us know how it goes and send us your pictures, we would love to share them on our Instagram account!