Where is your honey from?
Our honey comes from ecologically clean and pollution free regions of Central Asian country, Kyrgyz Republic. You can read more about the origin of our honey in this blog post.
What are the ingredients of your honey?
100% raw, natural honey with no additives.
Is your honey safe to eat? Has the honey been tested?
Our honey is 100% natural and safe to eat. We have tested our honey in laboratories in Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan as well as at the Border Inspection post at Heathrow airport and at Minerva Scientific – an independent laboratory in the United Kingdom.
How does your honey compare to Manuka Honey?
We have dedicated a separate page to Manuka honey comparison, please click here to read more.
What are the main benefits of Wildflower Mountain Honey?
- 15+ Active honey with significant anti-microbial powers
- Strong antibacterial anti-inflammatory properties
- Natural antibiotic
- Ideal for sore throat and to suppress coughs
- Great source of energy
- Calming properties, good for treating anxiety and relieve from stress
- Can be used as a sleeping aid to fight insomnia
- Powerful in treating acne when used as a face mask
What are the main benefits of Sainfoin White Honey?
- 12.5+ Active honey with significant anti-microbial powers
- Strong antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Good for digestion
- Promote healthy immune system
- Weight loss remedy as white honey boots the metabolism when taken on an empty stomach
- Improves blood circulation and regulates blood pressure
- Stimulates the memory
- Increases energy levels
- Natural anti-aging remedy
- Can be used for disinfection purposes
What are the differences between Wildflower Mountain Honey and Sainfoin White Honey?
Sainfoin White Honey is harvested from a single floral source – Sainfoin flower. It is a unique honey that is considered to be a premium honey by many beekeepers. You can read more about Sainfoin White honey here.
Wildflower Mountain Honey is made from a mixture of wild flowers and rare herbs.
Both honeys are harvested in the high-altitude mountains and they are both 100% raw, natural, unfiltered and unpasteurised. Also, both honeys are active, Sainfoin White Honey is a 12.5+ active honey and Wildflower Mountain Honey is a 15+ active honey.
What does active honey mean? Click here to read more about the activity of our honey on the page we dedicated to Manuka honey comparison.
Where can I buy your honey?
You can buy our honey on our website – click here to shop.
We also sell on:
- Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/balhoney
- eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bal.honey
- Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/balhoney
Physical health stores:
We also sell in physical health stores around London and Wales, please see the list below:
- Health Town – West Hampstead area, 194 West End Ln, London NW6 1SG
- Hara – Hampstead area, 231 Finchley Rd, London NW3 6LS
- LLS Cafe – Hampstead area 95-97 Heath St, London NW3 6SS
- Les Filles, by LLS Cafe – Bayswater area, 27 Craven Terrace, London W2 3EL
- The Olive Tree – Queen’s Park area, 152 Willesden Ln, London NW6 7TH
- Bumblebee – Kentish Town area, 33 Brecknock Rd, Kentish Town, London N7 0BT
- Portobello Whole Foods – Nothing Hill area, 266 Portobello Rd, London W10 5TY
- Chelsea Health Store – Chelsea area, 400 King's Rd, London SW10 0LJ
- Health Foods – Fulham area, 767 Fulham Rd, Fulham, London SW6 5HA
- Queens Health Shop – Kensington area, 64 Gloucester Rd, Kensington, London SW7 4QT
- Apples & Bees – Battersea area, 258 Battersea Park Rd, London SW11 3BP
- Apples & Bees – Putney area, 107 Sheen Ln, London SW14 8AE
- Steps to Serenity – Wales area, B4299, St. Clears, Carmarthen SA33 4NW
- Mother Earth – Islington area, 282-284 St Paul's Rd, Highbury East, London N1 2LH
- Mother Earth – Stoke Newington area, 5 Albion Rd, London N16 9LD
- Mother Earth – Newington Green area, 101-103 Newington Green Rd, Mildmay Ward, London N1 4QY
- Oasis Health Store – Rickmansworth area, 112 High St, WD3 1AQ
How can I use your honey?
Our BAL.HONEY can be used for any purposes, bearing in mind that our honey is active and can be used as a medicine as well, for example, if you have a sore throat, cough or suffering from digestive problems. Both of our honeys are a great remedy for these problems.
Please see below a list of other creative ways of how to use our honey.
- Raw honey on toast - such a classic and delicious way to use
- Morning cup of warm water with raw honey
- Making a green smoothie little bit sweeter with honey
- Baking - #HoneyInsteadOfSugar
- Face masks for healthy looking skin
- With a breakfast porridge or a cereal bowl
- Honey with milk and cinnamon for a good night sleep
- Yogurt with fresh fruits and raw honey
- Homemade granola with raw honey
- Coffee and tea with #HoneyInsteadOfSugar
- Raw honey hair masks to help strengthen your hair
- Sugar scrub - using raw honey with sugar and coconut oil instead of chemical peeling
- Honey as a part of the healthy salad dressing
- Antibacterial aid for small cuts
- Raw honey with cbd oil to help with anxiety
- Raw honey for healing scars quicker
You can also visit our Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/balhoneyuk for more information.
How is your honey sourced? Is it ethical?
BAL.HONEY beekeepers look after their bees with love and respect and they never feed bees with sugar. BAL.HONEY beehives are located in high-altitude mountains of Kyrgyz Republic looked after by small family beekeepers. Our honey is raw, natural and pure as nature intended.
Can I recycle your packaging?
Our packaging materials are 100% recyclable.
What is raw honey? What is the difference between raw honey and supermarket honey?
Raw honey comes straight from the beehive. It is made by extracting honey from the honeycombs of the hive and pouring it over a mesh or nylon cloth to separate the honey from impurities like beeswax and dead bees. Raw honey is then poured into jars and ready to be enjoyed.
The major difference between the raw honey and the regular honey is due to the pasteurization and filtration. Read more about the main differences by clicking here to visit our blog post.
Is your honey organic?
This is a very special topic for us and dedicated a blog post to this subject, click here to read more.
Why your honey is not runny?
Our honey is a set honey, with time every raw honey crystalizes and turns solid. It is a completely natural process. The reason why traditional supermarket honeys don’t crystalize is the process of pasteurisation (heating to a very high temperate). Our honey is not pasteurised because pasteurisation kills all the vitamins and enzymes that are naturally occurring in the honey.
Can I buy you honey in bulk?
Please email email@example.com for bulk purchases or wholesale enquires.
I have more questions, how can I contact you?